West Hartford Home
Adult Social Services

Financial Resources

Energy Assistance
Through the Connecticut Energy Assistance Program (CEAP), households meeting income-eligibility guidelines can receive grants to help with heating expenses during the winter season.

Community Renewal Team (CRT) partners with our department to offer a CRT Case Manager here in our Human Services office.  The CRT Case Manager is available by appointment only to process CEAP applications. 

Click here for a list of paperwork needed for your appointment.  The Connecticut Energy Assistance Program officially begins on November 1st and ends at the end of April.  Appointments can be made as early as September.

For more information, or to schedule an appointment, call (860) 560-5800.

The Town That Cares Fund
The Town of West Hartford’s Department of Human Services established the Town That Cares Fund in the early 1980’s. Since that time it has served as a unique resource to residents having emergency needs in paying for utility bills, food, clothing, shelter costs, medical expenses, including medical equipment and a variety of other needs. Each day there are town residents who find themselves needing financial support following a crisis or hardship. The cause might be the loss of a job, a serious illness, an untimely death, a disability or another type of unanticipated financial setback. All eligibility decisions are based on an application process that includes an interview between the resident and a Town social worker. Formal policies and procedures are in place to guide the social workers in making their decisions. During monthly meetings, designed for the purpose of program monitoring and quality control assurance, each case in which a payment has been made is reviewed by a committee of Human Services staff persons.

Holiday Programs
Each year the Town That Cares Fund provides subsidies to a variety of holiday season activities administered by the Town.  Please call the office for more information.