The last day to pay taxes without penalty is Monday February 2nd.
The tax office will be open for business on Friday Jan 30th 8:30 - 4:30
Tax bills are mailed twice each year:
- first installment bills are mailed mid-to-late June and are due no later than the first business day in August
- second installment bills are mailed mid-to-late December and are due no later than the first business day in February
Please see Frequently Asked Questions for additional information about due dates and penalties.
The 2014-2015 mill rate is 37.37.
Electronic Payments for Taxes
It's now fast and easy to pay and/or view your bills online.
The Town of West Hartford is excited to offer residents an easy and secure way to view, print and pay their tax bills online. We support electronic presentment and billing because it is more convenient for residents and better for the environment.
Online Bill Payment, in partnership with Invoice Cloud, offers the following benefits:
- No signup cost or registration required
- Access, view and pay your bills online, at your convenience
- Paying your bill online is faster and easier than writing a check and mailing it
- You can pay with electronic check or credit/debit card
- You have the option to pay immediately or schedule a payment
- You may choose to eliminate paper invoices to reduce clutter and help the environment
No fee will be charged to you by paying by electronic check/ACH. Use of a charge card will incur a convenience fee of 2.95% with a minimum charge of $1.00. The Town of West Hartford receives only your bill payment amount. Convenience fees cover various administrative costs associated with accepting payments and are non-refundable.
The convenience fee amount is automatically calculated and is shown on the payment page before you submit your payment for processing. Convenience fees will appear as a separate charge from the bill amount on your bank or credit card statement.
If you need help using online bill pay or you have a question about your account, please call (860)561-7474, option 4.
If there is an error in the Credit Card charge, please contact Invoice Cloud at (877)256-8330 x2700.