• Email
  • Print

Substance Abuse Resources

An on-site Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor is available for confidential consultation for residents 18 and over.  Initial assessment and education provided; referrals to local treatment facilities available.  Local meeting schedules for various self-help groups also available for all residents.  Please call 860-561-7561 for more information.


The Capital Area Substance Abuse Council (CASAC) is a Regional Action Council on substance abuse established by the Connecticut State Legislature in 1990. CASAC is a private/public partnership comprised of community leaders and citizens who develop and carry out strategies to reduce alcohol, tobacco, other drug use and risky behaviors in our communities. CASAC is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization funded in part by the Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration and private donations. 


Additional Resources:

West Hartford Cares (Resource Card)
Mental Health, Substance Abuse & Other Services Brochure
Medication Safety Brochure
Medication Safety Brochure - SPANISH
2-1-1 Infoline
Addiction Resource
Alcoholics Anonymous
Narcotics Anonymous
Alco Rehab

Substance Abuse Prevention Commission