Clean Energy Commission
In 2005 West Hartford appointed an ad-hoc Clean Energy Task Force (WH-CETF). In 2017, the Town Council recognized the task force's "continuing and evolving role in the Town’s efforts to be energy efficient" and established the West Hartford Clean Energy Commission (WH-CEC).
- promotes the use of clean energy,
- assists the Town in achieving energy consumption reduction goals, and
- recovers any financial, (environmental, and educational) benefits from doing so.
The WH-CEC has eight members, as listed below. However, our meetings are open to all. We welcome anyone who wants to work together to achieve our goals of making West Hartford a cleaner and greener place to live!
Come to our next meeting to see what it is all about. We meet once a month in Town Hall. See our calendar below for meeting dates.
Email Catherine Diviney to be added to our group.
- Working on HeatSmart West Hartford, a year-long outreach program that assists residents in accessing the energy efficiency programs and incentives available through Energize ConnecticutSM.
- Implementing the Town’s Energy Plan which was adopted by Council in 2021. This plan “aspires for our entire community to use 100% clean energy by 2050. It focuses on both Town operations as well as the residential and business communities.
- Ensuring that youth representation is a part of monthly Commission meetings.
- Educating and encouraging residents to make their own sustainable choices, e.g., Go Solar: Save Money and the Environment.