Sustainability Advisory Group
The Sustainability Advisory Group (SAG) was created by Council resolution on February 23, 2021. It is comprised of members that represent a diversity of voices and interests from across the community. Its purpose is:
- to assist with the preparation of the Town’s application under the voluntary municipal certification program, Sustainable CT;
- to review and make recommendations on action steps; and
- to propose strategies and objectives for sustainability related initiatives and programs.
Members are appointed by the Town Manager, and they will be dissolved when no longer needed.
Update from the SAG (March 2022)
At the end of August 2021, West Hartford submitted its application to Sustainable CT and received Silver-level certification, the highest level currently available in the program.
On March 3, 2022, the SAG presented its recommendations to the Public Works, Facilities & Sustainability Standing Committee of the Town Council.
- A recording of the meeting is available on YouTube.
- A copy of the SAG’s presentation is available here.
On March 10, 2022, the SAG held its last official meeting, as the group felt it had fulfilled its purpose, as stated above.
The SAG sincerely hopes that the Town will take action on many of its recommendations, including the formation of a Sustainable West Hartford team to push this important work on to the next phase.