The department will assist the occupant of any home or business with storm water removal from
their property. Due to the environmental requirements of Connecticut State Law, the department CANNOT REMOVE WATER CONTAMINATED WITH SEWAGE.
- The department can remove a lock from a residence or business with proper identification in an emergency situation. For emergencies call 911, and for non-emergencies call 523-5263.
- To obtain a written report of a fire incident, please contact the Fire Marshal’s Office at 860-561-8318 or email Sue Bedford.
- The department can provide emergency electrical power to generate life supporting medical equipment for emergency purposes during power outages. For assistance in an emergency, call 911.
- The department approves Key Box security service applications. This system allows the Fire Department to gain entry into a business or residence when necessary, however, it ensures the security of property for the occupant. Residents and /or Companies must order, install, and pay for all Key Boxes. Once the Key Box has been installed, please call WHFD at 860- 561-8300. Click here to download and print the Key Box order form.
- Helicopter landing and take off within the Town limits require that the fire department be present in case of an emergency.
- Water flow tests may be performed on public or private hydrants and on built-in fire pumps upon the request of property owners.
- The WHFD keeps an updated database of residents that would need or perhaps require more assistance should an incident occur at their residence. Please complete and submit the online Special Needs Registry form.