Diabetes Self-Management Fall 2023
Join Registered Dietitian and Certified Care and Diabetes Education Specialist Paula Kellogg Leibovitz for a virtual seven-week series that will focus on managing your diabetes and eating well while following diabetic guidelines.
This 7-week diabetes workshop series is for individuals with type 2 diabetes who are newly diagnosed or who may need an update on managing their diabetes.
- meal planning using the plate method and beginning carbohydrate counting
- label reading
- monitoring your blood glucose
- setting goals for your blood glucose and A1C
- diabetes medications and how they work
- exercising safely
- what to do when you are ill
- and much more!
There is opportunity for questions and comments as we share our virtual learning experience.
Registration is required! Please call Susan at the West Hartford-Bloomfield Health District, 860-561-7909. Workshop materials will be sent prior to the start of the series.
Wednesdays: October 18, 25 | November 1, 8, 15, 29 | December 6 (No workshop November 22)
CHOOSE A TIME
- DAYTIME session, 10AM-12PM, or
- EVENING session, 6PM-8 PM
For more information or register, please call Susan at the West Hartford-Bloomfield Health District, 860-561-7909.