COVID-19 Team Protocol
- Effective February 28th, masks are now optional in the facility for vaccinated individuals. We ask those that are unvaccinated to wear a face mask.
- To eliminate over-crowding in the locker rooms, we are asking all swimmers come dressed, SHOWERED, and ready to swim.
- All swimmers will keep their belongings on pool deck and not use the lockers.
- If your child presents with any symptoms, please keep them home.
- If your child tests positive, please notify the head coach and follow the quarantine guidelines provided by the CDC.
To register visit our RecDesk page.
Information for the Waves Spring/Summer Season
- Registration will open on April 1
- Spring/Summer League Start Date: Monday May 9, 2022
- Spring/Summer League End Date: Friday August 5, 2022 (Last practice before championships)
- Parents will need to register on Recdesk for League Orientation Session
- Meet Schedule TBA - meets will be held on Saturday or Sunday
- Saturday May 7 at Cornerstone Aquatics Center at 6:00pm for all new swimmers
Any additional questions about the Waves program, please email the head coach, Kevin Hunt, at email@example.com.
Waves Parent Volunteers
The Waves program has been successful for over 25 years due to the hard work of dedicated parent volunteers. The Waves program has several areas that need volunteer leadership to achieve a successful season. The critical volunteer area happens during swim meets, to run a meet we will need 30-60 volunteers. The coaches focus on the swimmers, and we need parents in leadership roles to coordinate the swim meet.
Volunteer Leadership Roles Needed:
- Meet Director
- Banquet/Social Activity Coordinator
- Meet Volunteer Coordinator
- Concession Coordinator Waves Volunteers
- Lane Judge
- Team Photographer
- "Rubber Duck" Coordinator
- Team Gear
The season is scheduled to start on January 3. The Waves program will coordinate volunteer sign up online. The website will be updated with a volunteer sign-up web link address for parents. Each week during the season we will send out an email reminder to parents to get on the volunteer site and sign up for swim meets. This site will go live the first week of the season.
Learn from the best! Our certified Red Cross swim instructors lead private and group swim lessons, from beginner to advanced, for ages 6 months to adult. Group swim lessons start as low as $75 for a seven-week session.
Spring Group Swim Lessons
Summer Group Swim Lessons - Registration is now open! Please log on to cornerstone.recdesk.com to view classes & register. Session 1 & 2 are currently open and filling fast!
For questions regarding group swim lessons, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beginner (ADS 1): Learn basic swimming strokes and skills needed to stay safe, and help keep others safe in and around the water.
Intermediate (ADS 2): Participants will gain proficiency in basic aquatic skills and the six basic swimming strokes
Advanced (ADS 3): Participants will learn to refine their front crawl, back crawl, breaststroke and turns to build endurance.
Parent / Infant
6-18 Months (PIA 1): This class is for parents with children ages 6 -18 months. This is a water introduction class where comfort in the water and submerging are taught in a low pressure and fun environment. Water experimentation, blowing bubbles, and basic skills are instructed through songs and activities.
18 Months-3 years (PIA 2): This class is for children between the ages of 1.5 and 3 years. This class expands on some skills learned in the first course, but adds some more difficult skills such as floating, submersion, and gliding. This course is recommended before PSA 1.
Pre-School Aquatics Level 1 (PSA 1): This class teaches children the most elementary aquatic skills. They continue to develop safe practices around the water.
Pre-School Aquatics 2 (PSA 2): This class teaches independent aquatic locomotion skills. Children continue to explore simultaneous and alternating arm and leg actions on the front and back to gain more proficiency for future strokes.
Pre-School Aquatics 3 (PSA 3): This class teaches children to perform their skills independently. They are taught to improve coordination of combined arm and leg actions and alternating arm and leg actions.
Children Ages 5 & Up
Level 1 (LTS 1): Introduction to Water Skills- Children learn breath control, buoyancy on the front and back, alternating arm and leg action and general water safety rules.
Level 2 (LTS 2): Fundamental Aquatic Skills- Underwater swimming, treading water, swimming in different positions and general water safety are the main focus.
Level 3 (LTS 3): Stroke Development- Head first entries, rotary breathing, changing directions and different kicks are taught.
Level 4 (LTS 4): Stroke Improvement- Diving, surface diving, turns, breaststroke kick, elementary backstroke and scissor kicks are introduced.
Level 5 (LTS 5): Stroke Refinement- Head first surface dives, flip turns and survival swimming are taught. All other skills are refined.
Level 6 (LTS 6): Fitness Swimmer Course- Focuses on endurance as it pertains to using the water as a medium for exercise in addition to the core skills