Discovery Zone Camp
Drop off is at 1:00PM on the 2nd floor of the ECC in Room 24 (down the left hand hallway, door on the right). Parents should accompany their camper into the building and sign them in. If your camper is enrolled in LUNCH BUNCH, a staff member will make sure your camper is delivered to Discovery Zone at 1:00PM.
NON-POOL DAYS: : Pickup will be in Room 24 on the 2nd floor of the ECC on or before 4:30pm. A photo ID is required at pick-up and only people on the Authorized pickup list will be allowed to sign out your child. The authorized pickup list is attached to this letter.
POOL DAYS: (Tuesdays and Fridays): Pickup will be at Beachland Park (847 S. Quaker Lane), at the top of the hill at or before 4:30pm. For campers enrolled in After Care, a camp counselor will walk back with your child to Elmwood Community Center for pickup there.
RAIN/INCLEMENT WEATHER: Pickup will be at the Elmwood Community Center. If in doubt due to changeable weather conditions, call the office at 860-561-8160 or keep a look out for a text via REMIND with details on the pickup location.
Discovery Zone ends promptly at 4:30PM and all campers must be signed out of the program by this time unless they are enrolled in ECC Aftercare. We do understand that things come up, so we have a 5-minute courtesy window for sign out. If you are running late, please call the main office at 860-561-8160 so staff can make personal arrangements and we can help your child manage their expectations.
Late Pickup Fees
$10 charge – pickup between 4:35PM – 4:45PM
$20 charge – pickup between 4:45PM – 4:55PM
Families signing out after 4:55PM are subject to removal from the program without refund. Late fees payment must be made at the time of pick up.
There will be no exceptions or warnings. If you are late for ANY reason, there will be a charge. This No Exception policy makes it easier for us to apply the late policy consistently and fairly. If this becomes a frequent problem, we reserve the right to dismiss a family from the program.
- Water bottle - Water fountains are not available but water bottles will be refilled by staff as needed.
- Pool Days – Campers will be going to Beachland Park on Tuesday and Fridays. On these days, pickup will take place at Beachland Park. Campers enrolled in aftercare will walk back to the ECC for pickup.
- Towels/Swimwear - Even on days we don’t go to the pool, please you’re your child with a towel and swimwear since we’ll be playing water games outside to stay cool. An extra change of clothes (including socks and shoes) is always great to have.
- Dress for the weather - We will be spending time outside every day (weather permitting). Summer weather can be unpredictable, so please dress your child in clothing & shoes appropriate for outdoor play including a raincoat if necessary. Campers should wear (or bring) close-toe shoes or closed-back sandals every day.
- Snack - Please send your child to camp with a nut-free snack every day. We are unable to warm up food or provide refrigeration.
- Sunscreen - Please apply sunscreen before your camper arrives and include a labeled bottle of sunscreen in their backpack was we’ll be outside daily if the weather permits.
- Please clearly label EVERYTHING and inform us of missing items promptly. We are not responsible for missing items but will try hard to reunite you with them.
- Please don’t send electronic devices or cell phones to camp. We can’t guarantee their safety and they are a significant distraction from camp activities. If electronics or phones are causing disruptions at camp, they will be kept in the ECC office where they can be retrieved by the parent. We are not responsible for lost or damaged electronics even if they are in our care in the office.