Outdoor Pool Swim Lessons
Click here for Outdoor Pools information and registration.
Cornerstone Swim Lessons
Learn from the best! Our certified Red Cross swim instructors lead private and group swim lessons, from beginner to advanced, for ages 6 months to adult. Group swim lessons start as low as $75 for a seven-week session.
Beginner (ADS 1): Learn basic swimming strokes and skills needed to stay safe, and help keep others safe in and around the water.
Intermediate (ADS 2): Participants will gain proficiency in basic aquatic skills and the six basic swimming strokes
Advanced (ADS 3): Participants will learn to refine their front crawl, back crawl, breaststroke and turns to build endurance.
6-18 Months (PIA 1): This class is for parents with children ages 6 -18 months. This is a water introduction class where comfort in the water and submerging are taught in a low pressure and fun environment. Water experimentation, blowing bubbles, and basic skills are instructed through songs and activities.
18 Months-3 years (PIA 2): This class is for children between the ages of 1 1/2 and 3 years. This class expands on some skills learned in the first course, but adds some more difficult skills such as floating, submersion, and gliding. This course is recommended before PSA 1.
Pre-School Aquatics Level 1 (PSA 1): This class teaches children the most elementary aquatic skills. They continue to develop safe practices around the water.
Pre-School Aquatics 2 (PSA 2): This class teaches independent aquatic locomotion skills. Children continue to explore simultaneous and alternating arm and leg actions on the front and back to gain more proficiency for future strokes.
Pre-School Aquatics 3 (PSA 3): This class teaches children to perform their skills independently. They are taught to improve coordination of combined arm and leg actions and alternating arm and leg actions.
Level 1 (LTS 1): Introduction to Water Skills- Children learn breath control, buoyancy on the front and back, alternating arm and leg action and general water safety rules.
Level 2 (LTS 2): Fundamental Aquatic Skills- Underwater swimming, treading water, swimming in different positions and general water safety are the main focus.
Level 3 (LTS 3): Stroke Development- Head first entries, rotary breathing, changing directions and different kicks are taught.
Level 4 (LTS 4): Stroke Improvement- Diving, surface diving, turns, breaststroke kick, elementary backstroke and scissor kicks are introduced.
Level 5 (LTS 5): Stroke Refinement- Head first surface dives, flip turns and survival swimming are taught. All other skills are refined.
Level 6 (LTS 6): Fitness Swimmer Course- Focuses on endurance as it pertains to using the water as a medium for exercise in addition to the core skills
Get in shape at Cornerstone! Our fitness classes are held both in the water and in our newly renovated fitness studio. Best of all, most of our classes are complimentary with your paid entry into Cornerstone! Click to see our schedule.
- Deep Water Fitness - Take a load off your feet and join us in a deep water class! Using a waist support, this class will release joint pressure and give you a great workout at the same time!
- Deep Water Interval - Appropriate for all fitness levels and is a wonderful way to prevent overuse injuries by cross training. Flotation belts are used to maintain a suspended position for a variety of aerobic and strength training exercises in deep water.
- Indoor Cycling - This class is a great cardiovascular workout. Pedal through hill climbs, sprints and many other challenging drills and exercises. All levels are welcome.
- Low Impact Water Fitness - This is a great class to keep your muscles moving. With the use of noodles and weights this low impact class will keep you thinking and moving while having minor impact on your joints.
- Pilates - This class focuses on developing core strength, flexibility, balance and stamina. Participants learn to be aware of breathing patterns and spinal alignment while engaging the deep muscles of the core. No previous Pilates experience is necessary to join a mat class.
- Shallow Water Fitness - Wake up and start your day with a comprehensive workout! This class includes stretching, toning, and core work. Feel refreshed and energized to enjoy the rest of your day! This is a great class for ALL Fitness Levels!
- Shallow Water Surprise - This invigorating class focuses on cardio and strength and utilizes a variety of techniques and equipment for a fun, effective total-body workout. This class concentrates on physical health and mental well-being.
- Yoga - Combines bodily postures and breathing techniques to bring about a sound, healthy body and a clear, peaceful mind. This class is great for all fitness levels.
- Zumba - This dance fitness class mixes low- and high-intensity moves for an interval-style total-body workout, combining all elements of fitness — cardio, muscle conditioning, balance and flexibility for a calorie-burning fitness party. It’s exercise in disguise!