Community garden plots are only available to West Hartford Residents only. 2022 new gardener registration is TBA at the Westmoor Park Office. The Gardens are expected to be available for use around mid-April 2022. The Garden season ends and plots must be cleaned and cleared by October 31, 2022.
Procedures for New Gardeners
1. Please review the Town of West Hartford 2022 Community Garden Rental Regulations.
2. Register your household in RecDesk.
3. Complete the 2022 Rental Agreement Form, including a form of payment.
4. Provide a copy or picture of some form of proof of residency and either mail, e-mail, or fax these forms to the Westmoor Park Office. Our fax number is 860-236-3815.
Once your completed registration is received at the Office, we will assign you a garden plot from the available list and confirm with you what garden and plot number you will have for the 2022 season.
West Hartford Community Garden plots are available to West Hartford Town Residents ONLY, at the following locations:
- Buena Vista Gardens (BV) on Cornerstone Dr. BV-Garden Map
- Westmoor Park Gardens (WP) on Flagg Rd. WP-Garden Map
- Wolcott Park Gardens (WL) on Wolcott Rd. WL-Garden Map
Garden plot rentals are available through the Westmoor Park office only; sub-letting of plots is NOT permitted. EACH AND EVERY GARDENER including those who share a garden plot, must complete and sign a rental agreement form. Primary gardeners must include the name, address and phone number of each garden partner on all rental agreements.
2022 Plot Fees
- Full plot: 20’ x 20’= $42.00
- 3/4 Plot: 15' x 20' = $32.00
- Half plot: 10’ x 20’= $22.00
All Plot Sizes are Approximations
Four handicapped-accessible, raised garden plots, located at the Westmoor Gardens on Flagg Road are available for those who may need them.
- Plot size 4’ x 8’= $7.00
Please note that there is a 2 plot limit per season.