Night parking on the street is regulated by West Hartford ordinance. Parking is not permitted on any street at any time between 2:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. Exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis through the Police Department for such things as driveway construction, roadway construction which blocks driveway access, or for a short-term out-of-state visitor. Residents may request an "omit tag" online or from the Police Department at 860-523-5203 for up to three days. The Police Department may also issue a town-wide "blanket omit" during a holiday.
Vehicle Rules within parking lots and garages:
- Speed limit 5 MPH
- Park only in designed spaces marked on the pavement
- Obstructing vehicle traffic is prohibited
- For gateless facilities, PRE-pay with coins, Master Card, Visa at kiosk or Passport Parking app on personal mobile device
- For gated facilities, pay with Master Card or Visa upon exit when attendant is not on duty
- No motorcycle / moped or scooter parking in gated facilities
Pedestrian Rules within parking lots and garages:
- Pedestrian use is limited to transit through the lot, to and from the vehicle
- Trespassing, loitering, skateboarding and rollerblading are prohibited
For more information on violations and penalties for improper parking, please see Section 168-13 of the West Hartford Code of Ordinances.