Reopening West Hartford Outdoor Dining and Outdoor Retail
The State of Connecticut has issued guidance for the reopening of outdoor dining and retail spaces to be effective Wednesday May 20, 2020. The information below is designed to provide restaurants and retailers necessary tools for navigating the reopening process. The Town of West Hartford looks forward to assisting our small businesses.
- Food Truck and Food Truck Park Information
- Inland Wetlands and Watercourse Application
- Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Designated Agent Application
- Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Operations and Uses of "As of Right/Nonregulated" Application
- State DEEP Inland Wetlands & Watercourses Activity Reporting Form
- Special Development District (SDD) Information Guide
- SDD Administrative Amendment Information Guide
- Subdivisions and Resubdivisions Information Guide
- Zone Change Information Guide
- Zone Standards for ...
Definition of Building Line (Zoning Ordinance, Chapter 177-2): A line on a lot or parcel of land establishing the minimum setback for structures from a street line. Building line may or may not be coterminous with a street line. In the case of a rear lot, the building line shall be established parallel to the front lot line.
Building line setbacks are different from rear yard and side yard setbacks in that they are not zone specific. Rather, building line setbacks differ by street and in many cases, change block-by-block. To determine what the building line setback is for a given parcel use the PDF portfolio of building lines found at the link above and using our GIS system (see link under next heading below) find your street and follow the references to cross-streets and distances listed on the sheet to find where a given parcel falls.
Use our online GIS maps to find zones, wetland, and floodplain maps for a property location. Floodplain information is provided to residents, banks, insurance companies and developers. Maps are also available in the Planning office.