Tips & Benefits of the Leaf Bag Collection:
- Leaves are picked up weekly on your trash collection day during the period of November 2 through December 18, 2020.
- Place leaves in either 30-gallon biode-gradable paper leaf bags, or in a specially marked yard waste cart purchased through the Town. (To order a cart, call 860-561- 8100 or purchase online).
- There is no limit to the number of bags a resident can place at the curb.
- Bags and carts must be free of branches, sticks, rocks, dirt, grass and other debris. Bags must weigh less than 40 pounds and carts must weigh less than 60 pounds or they will be marked for rejection and not collected. No plastic bags or loose piles.
- BRUSH WILL NOT BE COLLECTED DURING LEAF COLLECTION SEASON. Bring woody waste to the Recycling Center for proper processing.
- Keep loose leaves out of the street; taking care not to cover storm water drains.
- Bags/carts may be placed at the curb at any time. Place them at the curb even in advance of your scheduled collection day. Crews will move into other collection areas once they have completed their day’s assignment.
- Bags/carts should be placed at the curb no later than 6 AM on your scheduled collection day.
- For properties serviced by private contractors, leaf vouchers are available to home- owners through Public Works.
For more information regarding the leaf collection program, contact Public Works at 860-561-8100.