- increasing the ability of individuals, groups and systems to safeguard rights
- exposing instances and patterns of discrimination and abuse
- seeking individual and systemic remediation when rights are violated
- increasing public awareness of unjust situations and of means to address them
- empowering people with disabilities and their families to advocate effectively
The Town's Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) coordinator is committed to ensuring that the needs and interests of persons with disabilities are channeled to appropriate Town departments. A department representative serves as a liaison to the Advisory Commission on Persons with Disabilities which works with Town departments to assure access to services for people with disabilities.
For services offered to Seniors, please see our Senior Services web page.