Local Food Resources
West Hartford Food Pantry
West Hartford Town Hall, 50 South Main Street, Room 130, West Hartford, CT 06107
- General Information: Non-perishable food pantry for income-eligible West Hartford residents.
- Requirements: Photo ID, recent piece of official mail showing West Hartford address, recent proof of income and household size. Call for complete requirements.
- Curbside food distribution days and times are available on our webpage.
- For information, please call 860-561-7569 or 860-561-7580.
Fern Street Food Ministry Food Pantry and Community Kitchen
Universalist Church of West Hartford,433 Fern Street, West Hartford, CT 06107
- Food is distributed the third Saturday of each month from 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Connecticut Foodshare mobile food truck distributes food in the back parking lot from 8:45 a.m. - 9:15 a.m. Community members are offered a FREE Breakfast from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- For info, call 860-233-3669 x109 or visit https://westhartforduu.org/fern-street-food-ministry.
The Anja Rosenberg Kosher Food Pantry
Jewish Family Services, 333 Bloomfield Avenue, Suite A, West Hartford, CT 06117
- For information, please call 860 236-1927 or e-mail Cody Daigle-Orians at email@example.com.
- General Information: Mobile food truck provides fresh produce and other food items. Times vary by location.
- Requirements: Bring your own bags. Age 16 and older. ID is NOT required.
- For information, please call 203-469-5000 or visit https://www.ctfoodshare.org.
- Click here for Foodshare's West Hartford mobile distribution schedule.
Soup Kitchens in Surrounding Towns
House of Bread
1453 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06120
Breakfast and lunch served Monday - Friday
Hartford Rescue Mission
650 Windsor Street, Hartford, CT 06120
Evening meal served Monday – Friday
East Hartford Interfaith Ministries Friendship Soup Kitchen - Calvary Congregational Methodist Church
12 Rector Street, East Hartford, CT 06108
Evening meal served Mon, Wed, and Friday
The Friendship Center at St. Elizabeth House
118 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06106
Breakfast and lunch served Tues - Saturday
Subject to change. Please contact each organization for current information. Visit 211ct.org or call 211 for additional resources.