Prescription Savings Program
Through its association with the Connecticut Conference of Municipalities (CCM), the statewide association of towns and cities, the Town of West Hartford introduced the program in 2014 and now wants to share the information once again. As of December 31, 2018, Connecticut residents have saved almost $12 million on their prescription drug costs with this program.
The Prescription Savings Program helps residents save money on their prescription medications any time their prescription is not covered by insurance. Items such as contact lens and hearing aid batteries are good examples.
This prescription discount card provides immediate fiscal relief at the pharmacy counter and offers the following features and benefits:
- Anyone can participate regardless of age, income, or existing health coverage;
- All prescription medications are covered, including pet prescriptions that are human-based and can be filled by a pharmacy;
- Cost savings are on brand name and generic medications.Generic prescriptions offer 20-70% savings and brand drugs see a 10-20% savings;
- There are over 63,000 participating pharmacies nationwide. In West Hartford, participating pharmacies include CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreens, Suburban Pharmacy, and The Medicine Shoppe.
- Vision discounts of 20% off usual/customary fee for eye exams; 50 percent off frames/lenses; everyday low pricing and free shipping on online lenses
- LASIK discounts of 40-50% off the national average cost (accepted at 600+ locations nationwide from credentialed physicians)
- 35-65% savings on hearing services from a national network of local ear physicians and audiologists and on brand-name hearing aids/products
Even if you are currently enrolled in an insurance plan, you can use the discount card for items that may be not covered, such as contact lens, hearing aid batteries, and more.
There are no enrollment forms, membership fees, restrictions or limits on frequency of use for residents.There is no cost to the municipality. Cardholders and their family members are encouraged to use the cards any time their prescriptions are not covered by insurance.
Cards can be printed by visiting http://ProActRXsavings.com/connecticut-prescription-savings-program or www.CTRxDiscountCard.com and complete the short online form that asks for your name and town.
The website also contains a “Learn the Perks of the Card” where residents can locate a participating pharmacy, do their own price comparison of a drug, search WebMD, and learn about the program’s discounts on vision, hearing and dental.
CCM is pleased to offer this valuable community service to the Town of West Hartford. This program will help residents save money on their medications and much more.
-Alison Geisler, CRM & Member Services Associate.
If you have any questions or concerns, call toll-free ProAct helpline: 877-776-2285.