Town That Cares
The Town That Cares is a special fund administered by the Town of West Hartford Social Services Department. The fund assists residents experiencing a crisis situation, hindering their ability to pay for food, utility bills, shelter costs, medical expenses, and other critical needs. It is funded 100% by contributions from generous individuals, businesses, and community groups.
send a check Payable to:
The Town that cares
west Hartford social services
50 south main street, room 130
west Hartford, ct 06107
All donations are tax deductible; to the extent permitted by law. Tax ID: 06-6002124.
We also welcome donations for seasonal programs. New backpacks and/or gift cards (preferably to Walmart or Target). For more information, contact our office at 860-561-7580.
- Over 800 households received assistance through Food Pantry program.
- 664 Students received a new backpack and a gift card for school supplies from our Back to School Program.
- 439 households benefited from our Thanksgiving Program.
- 572 children received holiday gift cards through our Children's Holiday Party.
- 149 households received emergency financial assistance.
- 63 children received swim lessons.