Town That Cares
The Town That Cares is a special fund administered by the Town of West Hartford Social Services Department. The fund assists residents experiencing a crisis situation, hindering their ability to pay for food, utility bills, shelter costs, medical expenses, and other critical needs. It is supported by contributions from individuals, businesses, and community groups.
Donations are tax deductible; to the extent permitted by law. Tax ID: 06-6002124.
For more information, please call Social Services at 860-561-7580 or 860-561-7569.
Thank you for your support!
How to Donate
SEND A CHECK PAYABLE TO:
THE TOWN THAT CARES
WEST HARTFORD SOCIAL SERVICES
50 SOUTH MAIN STREET, ROOM 130
WEST HARTFORD, CT 06107
Town that Cares Facts
Over 1,000 households received assistance from The Town That Cares in Fiscal Year 2022 (July 2021 - June 2022). Below are a few examples of how residents were assisted by The Town That Cares Fund.
- Over 10,720 bags of groceries were distributed through our Food Pantry Program.
- 680 Students received a gift card for school supplies from our Back to School Program.
- 416 households benefited from our Thanksgiving Program.
- 667 children received holiday gift cards through our Children's Holiday Program.
- 9 8households received emergency financial assistance.