Welcome to the West Hartford Tax office. Please see our office hours and contact information located at the bottom of this page.
Please be advised The Town of West Hartford is under contract with TaxServ Capital Services for the collection of the delinquent motor vehicle and business personal property taxes, as well as delinquent parking tickets and ordinance violations. If you receive a letter from TaxServ, please call TaxServ directly to discuss your account and arrange payment.
TaxServ Capital Services, LLC can be reached by any of the following:
Online Bill Payment
Invoice Cloud offers the following benefits for registered users:
- Access, view and pay your bills online, at your convenience
- Paying your bill online is faster and easier than writing a check and mailing it
- You can pay with electronic check or credit/debit card
- Registered users have the option to pay immediately or schedule a payment
- You may choose to eliminate paper invoices to reduce clutter and help the environment (option not currently available for motor vehicle bills)
A $0.90 fee will be charged when paying by electronic check/ACH. Use of a credit/debit card card will incur a convenience fee of 2.99% with a minimum charge of $3.95. The Town of West Hartford receives only your bill payment amount. Convenience fees cover various administrative costs associated with accepting payments and are non-refundable.
The convenience fee amount is automatically calculated and is shown on the payment page before you submit your payment for processing. Convenience fees will appear as a separate charge from the bill amount on your bank or credit/debit card statement.
If you need help using online bill pay or you have a question about your account, please call 860-561-7474, option 4.
If there is an error in the credit/debit card charge, please contact Invoice Cloud at 877-256-8330 x2700.
Tax bills are mailed twice each year
- First installment bills are mailed mid-to-late June and are due no later than the first business day in August
- Second installment bills are mailed mid-to-late December and are due no later than the first business day in February
First Installment Real Estate, Business Personal Property, and Motor Vehicle Tax Bills (for vehicles registered on October 1, 2023) are due July 1st, 2024. The last day to pay without penalty is August 1, 2024.
Submit change of address online
Motor Vehicle Adjustment
Information and FAQs on Motor Vehicles
Online refund request form
Monday - Friday: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
West Hartford Town Hall
50 South Main Street, Room 109
West Hartford, CT 06107
860-561-7474, option 4
The current mill rate for Real Estate and Business Personal Property is 40.92. The mill rate for Motor Vehicles is 32.46 (pertains to bills due July 1, 2023 and January 1, 2024).
Please see FAQs page for additional information about due dates and penalties.