Welcome to the West Hartford Tax office. Please see our office hours and contact information located at the bottom of this page.
Online Bill Payment, in partnership with Invoice Cloud, offers the following benefits for registered users:
- Access, view and pay your bills online, at your convenience
- Paying your bill online is faster and easier than writing a check and mailing it
- You can pay with electronic check or credit/debit card
- You have the option to pay immediately or schedule a payment
- You may choose to eliminate paper invoices to reduce clutter and help the environment
A $0.90 fee will be charged when paying by electronic check/ACH. Use of a credit/debit card card will incur a convenience fee of 2.95% with a minimum charge of $1.00. The Town of West Hartford receives only your bill payment amount. Convenience fees cover various administrative costs associated with accepting payments and are non-refundable.
The convenience fee amount is automatically calculated and is shown on the payment page before you submit your payment for processing. Convenience fees will appear as a separate charge from the bill amount on your bank or credit/debit card statement.
If you need help using online bill pay or you have a question about your account, please call 860-561-7474, option 4.
If there is an error in the credit/debit card charge, please contact Invoice Cloud at 877-256-8330 x2700.
Tax bills are mailed twice each year:
- First installment bills are mailed mid-to-late June and are due no later than the first business day in August (Monday, August 3, 2020)
- Second installment bills are mailed mid-to-late December and are due no later than the first business day in February (Monday, February 1, 2021)
First Installment Real Estate, Business Personal Property, and Motor Vehicle Tax Bills (for vehicles registered on October 1, 2019) Are Due July 1st, 2020. The last day to pay without penalty is August 3, 2020.
Monday - Friday: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
West Hartford Town Hall
50 South Main Street, Room 109
West Hartford, CT 06107
860-561-7474, option 4
The 2020-2021 mill rate is 41.80 (pertains to bills due July 1, 2020 and January 1, 2021).
The 2019-2020 mill rate was 41.80 (pertained to bills due July 1, 2019 and January 1, 2020).
Please see FAQs page for additional information about due dates and penalties.