Main Menu

Explore More

West Hartford

Birth/Death/Marriage Certificate Requests

If you are looking for the records of someone who was born, married, or who has died out of town, but within the State of Connecticut, you may call the State Customer Service Office at 860-509-7700. If you are looking for information on how to obtain Vital Records from other states, please refer to the link for the National Center for Health Statistics.

For your convenience, you can process online requests through an independent company that we have partnered with to provide you this service; VitalChek Network, Inc.  An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service and all major credit cards are accepted.

During the Vitalchek application process online, under "select a birth certificate" section, make sure the order is being submitted to the Town of West Hartford and not Connecticut Dept. of Public Health.