Main Menu

Explore More

West Hartford

Veteran's Papers

Veteran's discharge records may be filed at no charge in the Town Clerk's Office, and under some circumstances, may serve to qualify for tax relief with the Assessor's Office. You may also access the Veterans Affairs website for additional information.

Anyone who wants to claim an exemption from local property tax for service during periods of war may apply to the Assessors Office for an exemption. Once approved and accepted, the discharge papers are filmed and filed in the Town Clerk's office. Any town resident who served in the military during a non-war period may wish to file their discharge records with the Town Clerk's office for safekeeping.

Veterans and next-of-kin can now use eVetRecs to order military records online (you still must mail in a signature page).