A. Any officer, official or employee who has a private financial interest in any action, legislative or otherwise, by any Town agency and who is a member of, participates in discussion with or gives an official opinion to such Town agency shall disclose on the written records of such agency the true nature and extent of such interest. This section shall not apply to:
(1) Contracts awarded to the lowest responsible bidder after public advertisement.
(2) Unpaid appointed officials during a declared state of emergency.
(3) Matters requiring disclosure to or approval by a court.
(4) Interests by virtue of ownership of stock in a publicly held corporation in an amount less than 10% of all issued and outstanding stock.
B. Every elected official, excluding Justices of the Peace and Selectmen, shall, on or before January 1 each year, file with the Town Clerk, on a form to be prepared by the Corporation Counsel, a statement, under oath, containing the following information:
(1) All real estate located within the Town of West Hartford owned by such elected official or held under a lease for a term exceeding five years, excluding, however, his or her principal residence. The foregoing shall also apply to real estate owned or leased, as aforesaid, by a corporation, trust or partnership in which any such elected official is the legal or equitable holder of at least 5% of the legal or equitable interests in said corporation, trust or partnership.
(2) The names of any firm, proprietorship, partnership or corporation of which said elected official is an employee or in which such elected official holds at least a five-percent interest and which firm, proprietorship, partnership or corporation has sold or supplied goods or services in excess of $10,000 per annum to the Town of West Hartford during the two years immediately preceding such official's election to office.
(3) Any income, fees, salary or wages directly or indirectly received by such elected official from the Town of West Hartford or its political subdivisions during the two years immediately preceding such official's election to public office.
C. Every member of the Zoning Board of Appeals and the Town Plan and Zoning Commission shall file a statement containing the information required in Subsection B (1) above on or before January 1 each year.