Second Thursday through Saturday of January - West Hartford Center Winter Sidewalk Sales Days, held throughout West Hartford Center. Contact: West Hartford Chamber of Commerce, (860) 521-2300.
Third Monday of January @ 10:00 AM - West Hartford celebrates the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., held in the Town Hall Auditorium, 50 South Main Street. Contact: Renee McCue, (860) 561-7521.
Third Saturday of January @ 6:00 PM - The Children’s Charity Ball of the Bridge Family Center held at the Hartford Golf Club, 134 Norwwood Road. Contact: The Bridge Family Center, (860) 521-8035.
Last Saturday of January @ 6:30 PM - The Kiwanis Club of West Hartford Foundation's Annual Stars for Kids Awards Night held at the American School for the Deaf, 139 North Main Street. Contact: Kiwanis Club.
- First Saturday of March @ 7:00 PM - Vines of March wine tasting event held at Mandell JCC, 335 Bloomfield Avenue. Contact www.WestHartfordRotary.org.
- March through April - ArtBeat, an annual student art exhibit in the Art League’s two galleries at 37 Buena Vista Road. Contact: West Hartford Art League (860) 231-8019.
- Second Thursday of March @ 5:30-8:30 PM - A Child's World: Capturing the Moments, the Children's Museum Annual Gala, held at Delamar West Hartford, One Memorial Road, West Hartford. Contact Jennifer Holmes Weston, 860-726-4006, ext. 480.
- Mid-March @ 7:30 PM - Hall High's Annual Pops 'n Jazz Show, held at Hall High School, 975 North Main Street. Contact the box office at (860) 232-4561, Ext. 1856
- Third Saturday of March - Johnny's Jog for Charity 5K walk/run. Begins at Webster Walk in Blue Back Square. Contact Dan and Kelly Clark, (860) 803-7228.
- Third Saturday and Sunday of March - Nutmeg State Orchid Society Show held at the Town Hall Auditorium, 50 South Main Street. Contact: (860) 561-7511.
- Last Saturday in March @ 6:30 PM - West Hartford's Cookin' held at the Town Hall Auditorium, 50 South Main Street. Contact: Foundation for West Hartford Public Schools, (860) 561-8755.
- West Hartford Community Interactive's Take 5 fundraiser. Contact: Jennifer Evans (860) 561-1260.
- Easter Day @ 8:30 AM and 11:00 AM - Calvary Fellowship free Easter Egg Hunt, Conard High School, 110 Beechwood Road. Contact: Crystal@calvaryhartford.com .
- First Saturday of April @ 11:00 AM – Connecticut Walks for Haiti. The walk begins and ends at St. Peter Claver Church, 47 Pleasant Street. Contact: Nancy Pelletier.
- First Sunday of April @ Noon-4:00 PM - West Hartford Rotary Club's Sunday Jazz Brunch at The Hartford Club, 46 Prospect Street, Hartford. Contact: Hap Leabman, (860) 409-6883.
- Second Sunday of April @ 12:30 PM - Annual Mandell JCC Women’s Indoor Triathlon held at Mandell JCC, Zachs Campus, 335 Bloomfield Ave., West Hartford. Contact: (860) 231-6307 or email email@example.com.
- Second Thursday of April @ 9:00 AM-Noon - Health & Wellness Fair held at the Elmwood Senior Center, 1106 New Britain Avenue. Contact: Elmwood Senior Center (860) 561-8180.
Third Sunday of April @ 9:00 AM West Hartford MS Walk. The walk begins and ends at UConn Greater Hartford Campus, 85 Lawler Road. Contact: (860) 913-2550.
Third Sunday of April @ 9:00 AM-12:00 PM - Greater Hartford Host Lions Club (formerly the West Hartford Lions Club) Annual Pancake Breakfast at the American School for the Deaf.
Last Friday of April @ 7:00-10:00 PM - Noah Webster House presents Webster's War of the Words. The game show format fundraiser is held at Congregation Beth Israel, 701 Farmington Ave., West Hartford. Contact: Amy Boulton, (860) 521-5362 x21.
- First Saturday of May @ 12:00-3:00 PM - Tour de Shuls and Mitzvah Bike Fest. The event takes place at the Jewish Community Center, 335 Bloomfield Avenue. The event features a 50, 35, and 20 mile bike ride, a 5-mile "color" ride for teens, and a bike festival.
- Second Saturday of May @ 9:00 AM-12:00 PM - Family Fishing Festival held at Fern Park. This event is coordinated by Westmoor Park. Call (860) 561-8260 or visit Westmoor Park.
- First Sunday of May @ 10:00 AM – Greater Hartford Arthritis Walk. The walk begins and ends at University of Saint Joseph, 1678 Asylum Avenue. Contact: Luellen Perkins, (860) 761-0053.
- Second Saturday of May @ 6:00 PM-Midnight - Mayor's Charity Ball to benefit the Playhouse on Park and The Town That Cares. Contact: Tracy Flater & Carol McCabe.
- Second Saturday of May@ 5:00 PM - Spring Skating Show at Veterans Memorial Skating Rink, 56 Buena Vista Road. Contact: (860) 521-1573.
- Third Saturday of May @ 11:00 AM-3:00 PM - Westmoor Park's Annual Farm Day, 119 Flagg Road. Contact: 561-8260 or email WestmoorPark@westhartfordct.gov.
- Third Saturday of May @ 6:00 PM - West Hartford Rotary Club's Annual Auction at the Mandell Jewish Community Center, 335 Bloomfield Avenue. Contact: Jim Ruel, 860-967-9612.
- Third Saturday of May @ 8:00 PM - West Hartford Symphony Orchestra Pops Concert at the Town Hall Auditorium, 50 South Main Street. Contact: www.WHSO.org, (860) 521-4362.
- Third Sunday of May @ 10:00 AM - West Hartford Freedom 5K Run to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. Contact: Dennis Swanton.
- Fourth Sunday of May @ 1:00 PM – Yad Walk for Israel. The walk begins at The Emanuel Synagogue and ends at Mandell JCC. Contact: Ilana Bernstein, (860) 727-6119.
- 2021 Memorial Day Parade is canceled. This parade is typically held on the last Monday of May @ 10:00 AM – Memorial Day Parade. The parade begins on Farmington Avenue at Woodrow Street and ends at Town Hall, 50 South Main Street. Contact: Renee McCue.
- First Tuesday of June @ 7:00-10:00 AM - Celebrity Breakfast to benefit the Park Road Parade. Held at Effie’s Place Family Restaurant, 91 Park Road. Contact: John Paindiris, (860) 836-9366.
- Every Thursday June @ 7:00-8:00 PM - People’s United Bank & Hartt School of Music Concert Series in front of People’s United Bank in West Hartford Center, 1013 Farmington Avenue.
- First Saturday & Sunday of June – Celebrate! West Hartford, town fair on the Town Hall grounds Saturday, 10 AM-6:00 PM, Sunday Noon-6:00 PM. A 5K road race is held on Sunday @ 9:30 AM; it begins and ends on Raymond Road. Contact: Linda Geisler, (860) 561-7512 .
- Second Saturday of June @ 12 AM-5:30 PM - Japan Summer Festival at Blue Back Square. Contact: Renee McCue.
- Second Saturday & Sunday of June - Relay for Life is held at Northwest Catholic High School.
- Second Sunday of June @ 8:30-10:00 AM - Kidney Walk is held at the University of Hartford, 200 Bloomfield Avenue. Contact: The National Kidney Foundation, (800) 441-1280.
- Third Monday of June @ 6:00 PM - Chamber of Commerce's Annual Noah Webster Awards and Annual Meeting held at the Pond House Cafe, 1555 Asylum Avenue. Contact: (860) 521-2300.
- Third Saturday of June @ 2:00-5:00pm - The Rotary Club of West Hartford's Claws for a Cause Lobster Fest at the American School for the Deaf, 139 North Main Street, West Hartford. Contact: (860) 523-1535.
- Held in June - Clubs for Kids at Rockledge Golf Club, 289 South Main Street. Contact: (860) 561-7510.
- Last Thursday through Saturday of June - West Hartford Center Summer Sidewalk Sales Days, held throughout West Hartford Center. Contact: West Hartford Chamber of Commerce, (860) 521-2300.
- Last Sunday of June @ 11:00 AM-3:00 PM - Ferrari & Friends Concorso Car Show on LaSalle Road. Contact: Summer Sivetz.
Second Saturday of July @ 8:00 AM – Annual Red Dress Run for Women, a 5K Run & Walk, is held at Elizabeth Park. Contact: Josh Miller, Hartford Marathon, 860-652-8866.
Every Thursday in July @ 6:00-7:00 PM - First Church of Christ Carillon Concert, 12 South Main St.
- Second Tuesday of July @ 6:00 PM - Teddy Bear Picnic held at Elmwood Community Center, 1106 New Britain Avenue. Contact: 860-561-8160.
- Second Thursday, Friday & Saturday of July - Annual Tabor House Giant Tag Sale, Silent Auction & Bake Sale at the Convent of the Sisters of St. Joseph on Park Road, West Hartford. Contact: Loretta at 860-563-9217 or David at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July 12-29, 2018 (Thursday-Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 5:30 p.m.) - The Greater Hartford Shakespeare Festival is staging "Pericles, Prince of Tyre" outdoors on the grounds of the University of Saint Joseph in West Hartford. Audience members are encouraged to arrive early to enjoy pre-show entertainment and bring a picnic dinner, beverages and chairs or blankets to this annual, family-friendly theatrical festival. Contact: email@example.com. .
- Third Saturday in July @ 6:30 PM - Marge Wilder tribute performance by Connecticut Ballet at Elizabeth Park. Contact: Brett Raphael, (860) 293-1039.
- Fourth Saturday of July @ 8:00 AM - Yoga on LaSalle, held on LaSalle Road. Sponsored by West Hartford Yoga. Contact Jen Leavitt at (860) 953-9642.
- Last Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday in July @ 7:00 PM - Summer Arts Festival held at Hall High School. Contact: Sara Avery, (860) 236-4221 x 151.
Mid-September @ 10:00 AM-5:30 PM – ArtWalk, Juried Community Arts Festival at the West Hartford Art League. Contact: West Hartford Art League, (860) 231-8019.
- Fourth Thursday of September @ 8:00 AM-3:00 PM - Annual Senior Golf Tournament at Rockledge Golf Club, 289 South Main Street. Contact: West Hartford Senior Center, (860) 561-7583.
- Fourth Thursday of September @ 1:00-3:00 PM - West Hartford Senior Housing Fair at Elmwood Senior Center, 1106 New Britain Avenue. Contact: Elmwood Senior Center (860) 561-8180.
- First Thursday of October @ 5:00-8:00 PM - Pink Party in Blue Back Square. (Rain Date: First Friday of October) Contact: Heather Schold, (860) 520-6926.
- First Thursday of October @ 7:00 PM is West Hartford READS! Popular author visit at Town Hall Auditorium, 50 South Main Street, sponsored by West Hartford Public Library featuring a popular author visit. Free. Contact: 860-561-6970.
- First Saturday of October @ 10:30 AM – Park Road Parade. Bring the whole family to this wonderful celebration of West Hartford which features clowns, a stilt walker, bands, floats, dancers, antique cars, dogs of all sizes, mascots, characters, businesses, civic and cultural organizations, local celebrities, and town officials. The parade begins on Park Rd at South Highland and ends at the intersection of South Quaker. Contact: Renee McCue, (860) 561-7521.
- Mid-October on Saturday @ 8:00 AM – Eversource Hartford Half Marathon (Hartford & West Hartford). The race begins and ends at Bushnell Park, Hartford. Contact: Josh Miller, Hartford Marathon, (860) 652-8866.
- Held over two weekends at the end of October - Noah Webster House's West Hartford Hauntings at the Old Center Cemetery on North Main Street. Contact: Amy Boulton, (860) 521-5362 x21.
- Held on the Saturday before Halloween - Moms & More Club of West Hartford's Halloween Stroll, 10:30 AM-12:00 PM. Trick or Treating in Blue Back Square and West Hartford Center. Free. Contact: Moms & More.
- November 11 @ 11:00 AM - Veterans Day Ceremony at the Veterans Memorial, corner of North Main Street and Farmington Avenue in West Hartford Center. Contact: American Legion Post 96, (860) 233-9029.
- Second Saturday of November @ 6:00-10:00 PM - Intensive Education Academy Annual “STARS” Event at the Bond Hotel, 338 Asylum Avenue. Contact: the Development Office, 860-236-2049.
- Third Saturday in November @ 8:00 PM - HYDI Annual Charity Ball held at the Town Hall Auditorium to benefit Hartford Youth Dance Initiative, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to helping children gain confidence, self-esteem, and social skills through dance. Contact Rose Nolan (860) 688-0483.
- Last Thursday of November @ 5:00-7:30 PM – Holiday Stroll in West Hartford Center and Blue Back Square. There will be a special tree lighting, live music from local school groups performing holiday classics, visits with Santa & Mrs. Claus, strolling Victorian Carolers, face painting, photo booth fun, food sampling, ballerinas from The Nutcracker, music and dancing, a Festival of Trees at First Church of Chris and more! Contact: Barbara Lerner 860-521-2300, and Elizabeth Zigmont, 860-232-4800 x 2.
- First Sunday of December @ 9:00 AM - Blue Back 5K Mitten Run Begins/ends in Blue Back Square. Josh Miller, Hartford Marathon, (860) 652-8866.
- First Sunday of Hanukkah @ 4:00 PM - Fire on Ice Chanukah Celebration in Blue Back Square. Contact: Miriam Gopin at the Chabad House of Greater Hartford, (860) 232-1116.