Second Thursday through Saturday of January - West Hartford Center Winter Sidewalk Sales Days, held throughout West Hartford Center. Contact: West Hartford Chamber of Commerce, (860) 521-2300.
Third Monday of January @ 10:00 AM - West Hartford celebrates the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., held in the Town Hall Auditorium, 50 South Main Street. Contact: Renee McCue, (860) 561-7521.
Third Saturday of January @ 6:00 PM - The Children’s Charity Ball of the Bridge Family Center held at the Hartford Golf Club, 134 Norwood Road. Contact: The Bridge Family Center, (860) 521-8035.
Last Saturday of January @ 6:30 PM - The Kiwanis Club of West Hartford Foundation's Annual Stars for Kids Awards Night held at the American School for the Deaf, 139 North Main Street. Contact: Kiwanis Club.
- First Saturday of March @ 7:00 PM - Vines of March wine tasting event held at Mandell JCC, 335 Bloomfield Avenue. Contact www.WestHartfordRotary.org.
- March through April - ArtBeat, an annual student art exhibit in the Art League’s two galleries at 37 Buena Vista Road. Contact: West Hartford Art League (860) 231-8019.Mid-March @ 7:30 PM - Hall High's Annual Pops 'n Jazz Show, held at Hall High School, 975 North Main Street. Contact the box office at (860) 232-4561, Ext. 1856
- Last Sunday of March - Johnny's Jog for Charity 5K walk/run. Begins at Webster Walk in Blue Back Square. Contact Kelly Clark and Laura Moran, (860) 803-7228.
- Third Saturday and Sunday of March - Nutmeg State Orchid Society Show held at the Town Hall Auditorium, 50 South Main Street. Contact: (860) 561-7511.
- First Sunday of April @ 8:00 PM - West Hartford Symphony Orchestra Spring Pops Concert at the Town Hall Auditorium, 50 South Main Street.
- First Sunday of April @ Noon-4:00 PM - West Hartford Rotary Club's Sunday Jazz Brunch at The Hartford Club, 46 Prospect Street, Hartford. Contact: Hap Leabman, (860) 409-6883.
- Second Sunday of April @ 12:30 PM - Annual Mandell JCC Women’s Indoor Triathlon held at Mandell JCC, Zachs Campus, 335 Bloomfield Ave., West Hartford. Contact: (860) 231-6307 or email email@example.com.
- Second Thursday of April @ 9:00 AM-Noon - Health & Wellness Fair held at the Elmwood Senior Center, 1106 New Britain Avenue. Contact: Elmwood Senior Center (860) 561-8180.
Third Sunday of April @ 9:00 AM West Hartford MS Walk. The walk begins and ends at UConn Greater Hartford Campus, 85 Lawler Road. Contact: (860) 913-2550.
Third Sunday of April @ 9:00 AM-12:00 PM - Greater Hartford Host Lions Club (formerly the West Hartford Lions Club) Annual Pancake Breakfast at the American School for the Deaf.
Last Saturday of April @ 6PM - The Bridge Family Center's Children's Charity Ball at Hartford Golf Club.
- First Saturday of May - Noah Webster House presents Webster's War of the Words. For more information about this virtual game show, go to https://noahwebsterhouse.org/events/. Contact: Amy Boulton, (860) 521-5362 x12.
- Second Saturday of May @ 9:00 AM-12:00 PM - Family Fishing Festival held at Fern Park. This event is coordinated by Westmoor Park. Call (860) 561-8260 or visit Westmoor Park.
- First Sunday of May @ 10:00 AM – Greater Hartford Arthritis Walk. The walk begins and ends at University of Saint Joseph, 1678 Asylum Avenue. Contact: Luellen Perkins, (860) 761-0053.
- Second Saturday of May@ 5:00 PM - Spring Skating Show at Veterans Memorial Skating Rink, 56 Buena Vista Road. Contact: (860) 521-1573.
- Third Saturday of May @ 11:00 AM-3:00 PM - Westmoor Park's Annual Farm Day, 119 Flagg Road. Contact: 561-8260 or email WestmoorPark@westhartfordct.gov.
- Third Saturday of May @ 6:00 PM - Rotary Club of West Hartford's Annual Auction at the Mandell Jewish Community Center, 335 Bloomfield Avenue. Contact: Jim Ruel, 860-967-9612
- Memorial Day Parade & Ceremony is held on the national holiday, the last Monday of May. The Memorial Day Parade steps off at 10AM and the ceremony immediately follows at about 11AM. The parade begins on Farmington Avenue at Woodrow Street and ends at Town Hall, 50 South Main Street. Contact: Renee McCue, 860-561-7521.
- First Tuesday of June @ 7:00-10:00 AM - Celebrity Breakfast to benefit the Park Road Parade. Held at Effie’s Place Family Restaurant, 91 Park Road. Contact: John Paindiris, (860) 836-9366.
- Every Thursday June @ 7:00-8:00 PM - People’s United Bank & Hartt School of Music Concert Series in front of People’s United Bank in West Hartford Center, 1013 Farmington Avenue.
- Second Saturday & Sunday of June – Celebrate! West Hartford, town fair on the Town Hall grounds. A 5K road race is held on Sunday @ 9:30 AM; it begins and ends on Raymond Road. Contact: Linda Geisler, (860) 561-7512 .
- First Saturday of June @ 12 AM-5:30 PM - Japan Summer Festival at Blue Back Square. Contact: Peter Watson.
- Third Saturday of June, 12-5PM - Juneteenth Day at Blue Back Square. Contact: Adrienne Billings-Smith.
- Fourth Saturday of June, 12-3PM - West Hartford Pride, held at Blue Back Square. Contact: Barry Walters.
- Third Monday of June @ 6:00 PM - Chamber of Commerce's Annual Noah Webster Awards and Annual Meeting. Contact: (860) 521-2300, www.whchamber.com.
Every Thursday in July @ 6:00-7:00 PM - First Church of Christ Carillon Concert, 12 South Main St.
- Mid-July (Thursday-Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 5:30 p.m.) - The Greater Hartford Shakespeare Festival will hold it annual performance outdoors on the grounds of the University of Saint Joseph in West Hartford. Audience members are encouraged to arrive early to enjoy pre-show entertainment and bring a picnic dinner, beverages and chairs or blankets to this annual, family-friendly theatrical festival. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. .
- Third Saturday in July @ 6:30 PM - Marge Wilder tribute performance by Connecticut Ballet at Elizabeth Park. Contact: Brett Raphael, (860) 293-1039.
- Last Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday in July @ 7:00 PM - Summer Arts Festival held at Hall High School. Contact: Sara Avery, (860) 236-4221 x 151.
- Last Sunday of August, 9:00 AM-1:00 PM - Center Streets Bike Event Town Hall front lawn. Contact: Ed Pawlak.
- Fourth Monday of August @ 3:30-7:30 PM - Annual Pooch Plunge at Beachland Park pool, 847 South Quaker Lane. Contact: West Hartford Dog Park Coalition.
Mid-September @ 10:00 AM-5:30 PM – ArtWalk, Juried Community Arts Festival at the West Hartford Art League. Contact: West Hartford Art League, (860) 231-8019.
- Fourth Thursday of September @ 1:00-3:00 PM - West Hartford Senior Housing Fair at Elmwood Senior Center, 1106 New Britain Avenue. Contact: Elmwood Senior Center (860) 561-8180.
- First Thursday of October @ 7:00 PM is West Hartford READS! Popular author visit at Town Hall Auditorium, 50 South Main Street, sponsored by West Hartford Public Library featuring a popular author visit. Free. Contact: 860-561-6970.
- First Saturday of October @ 10:30 AM – Park Road Parade. Bring the whole family to this wonderful celebration of West Hartford which features clowns, a stilt walker, bands, floats, dancers, antique cars, dogs of all sizes, mascots, characters, businesses, civic and cultural organizations, local celebrities, and town officials. The parade begins on Park Rd at South Highland and ends at the intersection of South Quaker. Contact: Renee McCue, (860) 561-7521.
- Mid-October on Saturday @ 8:00 AM – Eversource Hartford Half Marathon (Hartford & West Hartford). The race begins and ends at Bushnell Park, Hartford. Contact: Josh Miller, Hartford Marathon, (860) 652-8866.
- Held over two weekends at the end of October - Noah Webster House's West Hartford Hauntings at the Old Center Cemetery on North Main Street. Contact: Amy Boulton, (860) 521-5362 x12.
- Held on the Saturday before Halloween - Moms & More Club of West Hartford's Halloween Stroll, 10:30 AM-12:00 PM. Trick or Treating in Blue Back Square and West Hartford Center.
- November 11 @ 11:00 AM - Veterans Day Ceremony at the Veterans Memorial, corner of North Main Street and Farmington Avenue in West Hartford Center. Contact: Moe Fradette, American Legion Post 96, (860) 729-3724.
- Second Saturday of November @ 6:00-10:00 PM - Intensive Education Academy Annual “STARS” Event at the Bond Hotel, 338 Asylum Avenue. Contact: the Development Office, 860-236-2049.
- Third Saturday in November @ 8:00 PM - HYDI Annual Charity Ball held at the Town Hall Auditorium to benefit Hartford Youth Dance Initiative, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to helping children gain confidence, self-esteem, and social skills through dance. Contact Rose Nolan (860) 688-0483.
- First Thursday AFTER Thanksgiving @ 5:00-8PM – Holiday Stroll in West Hartford Center and Blue Back Square. There will be a special tree lighting, live music from local school groups performing holiday classics, visits with Santa & Mrs. Claus, strolling Victorian Carolers, face painting, photo booth fun, food sampling, ballerinas from The Nutcracker, music and dancing, a Festival of Trees at First Church of Chris and more! Contact: Jessie Bouclier 860-521-2300, and Robyn Rifkin, 860-232-4800 x 1.
- First Sunday of December @ 9:00 AM - Blue Back 5K Mitten Run Begins/ends in Blue Back Square. Josh Miller, Hartford Marathon, (860) 652-8866.
- First Sunday of Hanukkah @ 4:00 PM - Fire on Ice Chanukah Celebration in Blue Back Square. Contact: Miriam Gopin at the Chabad House of Greater Hartford, (860) 232-1116.